Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
It's time to think outside the box. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber? Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.
Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.
Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the Benjamines on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful giftceiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.
There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint.
This isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.
How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?
Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day or some other personal service.
My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.
OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes. Locally crafted soaps, coffee, art works or books from local authors are another idea.
Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theater.
Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.
How about local bakeries that make specialty breads and cakes?
Honestly do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of lights, about fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.
Or how about taking that money you were going to spend on each other and "Donate It" to that Fund Raiser they are having in your neighborhood for that child who is fighting Cancer (or whatever the fight for their life is) ! You dont have to send money overseas in order to help somebody, there are plenty of people needing help right here in America !!
You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so that China can build another glittering city. Lets take Christmas back to Caring !!
Christmas is about caring about each other, and encouraging Americans to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.
These are only a few ideas. Be creative, go American.
- The False Left Right Paradigm
- The Last Days of the Big Lie
- Brother Nathanael Videos
- Invisible Empire: The New World Order Defined
- The Secret of Oz
- Minority Rule: The Rise of Political Correctness
- Life in Occupied Palestine
- Fabled Enemies
- Harvest of Despair (1933)
- Immigration Gumballs
- Loose Change Final Cut
- Missing Links
- Monopoly Men (Federal Reserve Fraud)
- The Century Of The Self
- Riddles in Stone
- Old Unreconstructed
- Rising of the Moon
- The Creature From Jekyll Island
- The Fall of the Republic
- Muslim Demographics
- The Fifth Estate : The Lies That Led To War
- The Great Global Warming Swindle
- The History of Political Correctness
- The Khazarian Conspiracy
- The Money Masters
- The New Atlantis
- The Obama Deception
- The Other Israel
- The Sinking of the USS Liberty
- Vaccine Nation
- Waco: The Rules of Engagement
- War Made Easy
- Who Brought the Slaves to America?
- Who Runs the Media? The Full Story
- Weblog of Michael Hoffman
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- We Hold These Truths
- Tenth Amendment Center
- The Barnes Review
- Starving the Monkeys: Fight Back Smarter
- Smith's Report
- Oath Keepers
- New Nation News
- National Prayer Network
- Humanum Genus: Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII on Freemasonry
- Inconvenient History
- Homeowners Justice
- Gun Owners of America
- Free Edgar Steele
- Federation for American Immigration Reform
- Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
- Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance
- Council of Conservative Citizens
- Center for Immigration Studies
- Caste Football
- Brasscheck TV
- Book: The Plot Against the Church
- Book: The Jewish Religion: Its Influence Today
- Book: The Iron Curtain Over America
- Book: The Controversy of Zion
- Book: Liberalism is a Sin
- Bob's Mantra
- Appleseed Project
- Americana Pictures
- American Patrol
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2010 (142)
- ► 2009 (310)