by: Harmony Grant Daws
“Every Child Deserves a Family,” HR 3827, is now before the US House. It would remove government money from American adoption agencies if they discriminate against gay would-be parents.
Many, many Americans believe kids do best with a married mother and father. But is it worse to have homosexual parents than no parents? Would it be better, as the Latina singer said, to die on the street? That’s the way the argument is framed by advocates of the bill. They say kids could grow up happy and well-rounded with homosexual parents but instead are aging out of adoption agencies and ending up on the streets.
Would kids fare so happily? Many governments say no. In many parts of the world including Florida and Utah, gay adoption is illegal. This isn’t old-fashioned prejudice or merely religious conviction. It’s also common sense. In 2005 before the Virginia Senate, Robert H. Knight testified to the obvious, saying, “children in single-mother homes can tell you that they don't crave another mom; they want a father. Kids in single-father homes don't crave another daddy; they want a mom.”
But there are far darker consequences. This year at a symposium in Mexico, research by neuropsychiatry and behavioral science Prof. George Rekers was presented which reveals that children adopted by homosexuals suffer from greater suicidal tendencies than in the general population. Presenters said “boys and girls adopted by lesbian and homosexual couples show a greater level of stress than that which is already generated by their status as orphans or children abandoned by their biological parents.” Rekers’ study comments on the well-documented fact that homosexual unions “are significantly and substantially less stable and shorter on average compared with marriages between a man and woman.”
Robert Lerner is a social scientist and author of No Basis: What the Studies Don’t Tell Us About Same-Sex Parenting. He says the documented greater instability of homosexual couplings is traumatic for children. In addition, “there is evidence that homosexuality, male or female, is associated with adjustment problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, and attempts at suicide and, of course, there is the risk for gay men of venereal disease including but not limited to AIDS. It is not too large a stretch to conclude at least tentatively that high degrees of: family instability, sexual-orientation confusion, parental emotional probl ems including higher rates of mental illness, higher risk of disease from high rates of sexual promiscuity, may make gays and lesbians less fit as parents than heterosexuals…”
Click here to read the complete article.
- The False Left Right Paradigm
- The Last Days of the Big Lie
- Brother Nathanael Videos
- Invisible Empire: The New World Order Defined
- The Secret of Oz
- Minority Rule: The Rise of Political Correctness
- Life in Occupied Palestine
- Fabled Enemies
- Harvest of Despair (1933)
- Immigration Gumballs
- Loose Change Final Cut
- Missing Links
- Monopoly Men (Federal Reserve Fraud)
- The Century Of The Self
- Riddles in Stone
- Old Unreconstructed
- Rising of the Moon
- The Creature From Jekyll Island
- The Fall of the Republic
- Muslim Demographics
- The Fifth Estate : The Lies That Led To War
- The Great Global Warming Swindle
- The History of Political Correctness
- The Khazarian Conspiracy
- The Money Masters
- The New Atlantis
- The Obama Deception
- The Other Israel
- The Sinking of the USS Liberty
- Vaccine Nation
- Waco: The Rules of Engagement
- War Made Easy
- Who Brought the Slaves to America?
- Who Runs the Media? The Full Story
- Weblog of Michael Hoffman
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- We Hold These Truths
- Tenth Amendment Center
- The Barnes Review
- Starving the Monkeys: Fight Back Smarter
- Smith's Report
- Oath Keepers
- New Nation News
- National Prayer Network
- Humanum Genus: Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII on Freemasonry
- Inconvenient History
- Homeowners Justice
- Gun Owners of America
- Free Edgar Steele
- Federation for American Immigration Reform
- Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
- Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance
- Council of Conservative Citizens
- Center for Immigration Studies
- Caste Football
- Brasscheck TV
- Book: The Plot Against the Church
- Book: The Jewish Religion: Its Influence Today
- Book: The Iron Curtain Over America
- Book: The Controversy of Zion
- Book: Liberalism is a Sin
- Bob's Mantra
- Appleseed Project
- Americana Pictures
- American Patrol
- ► 2011 (68)
- The Rejected People of Holy Scripture
- The "Ministry of Truth" Bites Off More Than It Can...
- Who do the Tea Party People Think They were Fighti...
- Shame on Everyone for Obamacare
- THE END OF AMERICA? It's up to you!
- Sodomite Adoption Disastrous for Kids
- The Lorica of St. Patrick
- America Under Siege
- Huffington Post Kills Jesse Ventura’s Piece On 9/1...
- A Salute to Jim Traficant
- Saul Alinsky and the Catholic Church in America
- Nostra Aetate - What It Really Says
- “Stalin’s Willing Executioners”?
- Jim Traficant: Patriot, Truth Teller, Staight Talk...
- President Roosevelt's Campaign To Incite War in Eu...
- Elie Wiesel: “The Most Authoritative Living Witnes...
- I am Israel (Documentary Film)
- Peace is Coming
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (310)