Friday, March 20, 2009

Is "The Riddle of Anti Semitism" a "Hate Message"?

by Henry Makow Ph.D.

The Canadian Jewish Congress & the Canadian Human Rights Commission want this Sept. 2004 article (and others like it) removed from my website on the grounds that it exposes Jews to "hatred and contempt." This ridiculous ploy is designed to enforce Zionist control over discourse, outlaw opposition and prevent Jews from asking questions. Their action confirms the very thing they deny.

"We're being flooded by Jews," a Canadian immigration officer remarked to his associate .

The year was 1951. He was checking the papers of a young couple with a baby.

My father understood English. He had narrowly survived the Nazis. This was his welcome to Canada.

Luckily it was not a harbinger. We encountered little discrimination and my family prospered in this good country.

Nonetheless, my parents wanted to assimilate. They gave their children English sounding names and hardly associated with the Jewish community. The extent of our Jewish observance was that my mother lit the candles on Friday and we celebrated the major holidays.

My parents rarely spoke of my grandparents who had perished. They seemed to regard being Jewish as a curse.

I did assimilate. It's ironic therefore that my father had disowned me because I tried to understand anti Semitism other than in simplistic terms.

Nothing can justify the Nazi policy of genocide but you would think Jews would want to understand how a catastrophe of this magnitude occurred. How else can we ensure that the mass of ordinary Jews will not be set up as scapegoats again?

Read the rest of the article.


Blog Archive